Enhancing the presence and influence of Asians and Pacific Islanders leaders in finance, accounting and business.
To continually influence and encourage the development finance, accounting and business professionals and students while serving as a collective voice for the Asian and Pacific Islander communities in the finance, accounting and related business fields.
- Ernst & Young
Our organization was launched by a group of dedicated leaders committed to advancing the finance and accounting professions in the Asian and Pacific Islander communities. Since our founding in 2005, our mission and focus have expanded to include individuals and companies from other disciplines who share common objectives of reaching their optimal business potential.
Ascend is committed to fostering the next generation of Asian finance, accounting and business leaders through our student chapters. Mentorship, leadership training, ongoing resume and interview critique, company visits, networking events, and professional/technical development courses are provided to supplement formal university education.
Our Professional Chapters
Our professional chapters are located in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, North Texas, Northern California, Philadelphia, Seattle and Washington D.C with plans for new chapters in Minneapolis, Charlotte, Nashville, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Toronto and other cities.
Ascend plays a vital role in helping global companies and our members align their objectives for mutual success and we have rapidly become one of the largest Pan-Asian professional membership organizations. Our national and regional chapter programs help us:
- Cultivate the leadership development and professional growth of members
- Build eminence and visibility for Asians and to provide role models
- Provide business growth opportunities for our members and corporate partners
- Encourage the continuous presence and influence of Asians in the global economy
- Bridge the "Cultural Difference” gap between Asian and Western cultures
- Serve the public interest in the community and
- Provide thought leadership